For visitors to Virginia, a long spell in Richmond is a must and presents more possibilities than anyone could take advantage of in a month.
The city and the surrounding area host more than 7 million tourists annually, many of them coming to explore the city’s rich history as the capital of the Confederacy and one of the most prominent cities of early America. The city is home to financial stalwarts Capital One Financial and SunTrust, in addition to Virginia Commonwealth University and the University of Richmond, giving the city not only the cache of a top regional banking center but also an enviable education environment. Top attractions in the city include:
- The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, featuring world-class exhibits and collections from around the globe.
- The American Civil War Museum.
- Hollywood Cemetery.
- The Virginia State Capitol.
- The Maymont Victorian estate.
- The Shockoe Slip Historic District.
- The Virginia Museum of History & Culture.
- The Richmond Raceway (NASCAR stock car racetrack with 50,000 seats).
- Science Museum of Virginia.
- The Edgar Allan Poe Museum.
- Monument Avenue.
With too many restaurants and shopping venues to name, Richmond and its surrounding suburbs offer a splendid array of memorable dining and retail experiences to complement the rich tapestry of culture that blankets the city. Come enjoy Richmond...make it your home!